Canterbury City is too small to support 2 full size uni’s- the proportion of students to residents skews everything, shops, entertainment and especially community and housing.
University Expansion Plans
- What students would like universities to spend less money on, national study.
- CPRE letter to UKC regarding air pollution caused by traffic
- Canterbury City Council Higher Ed. feedback request
- Local Councillor KM response to UKC plan
- Eastbridge hospital Covenants recalled
- Early Wins for Uni at Blean
- Green campus at expense of green fields
- City’s character before profit
- Uni Creative Arts & Girne American Uni
- Canterbury only caters for students
- Unsuitability of Tyler Hill Road for development
- Wincheap HMOs and the city’s dependence on universities.
- Universities in unique position to “put back” into Canterbury
- CCC’s Higher Education Impact Review
- Canterbury housing stock
- Higher Education & Quality of Life juxtaposed in the Canterbury District Plan (Draft)
- “Silicon Valley”, with a cricket pitch
- Blean Parish Council’s initial reaction to UKC masterplan
- Canterbury need not rely on University
- UKC’s Economic Impact report 2014